So remember when I said that I would be a really good blogger?
I may have made bold promises about regular posting…
Yeah, about that…
I took a brief sabbatical from blogging. I don’t even really know what that word actually entails, but I always hear it thrown around amongst intellectuals. That means it must be a legitimate excuse.
Here are some quick updates from my past few months:
1. I won a car. Then I didn’t. It’s a very long and sad story.
2. I went to Poland! Telling Polish people about Jesus was an absolute JOY!
3. Two words. Cheer Coach. That’s my current job title. You will hear more about this later.
4. I started a year-long Discipleship Training School with my church. Game changer right there. Woah.
5. Uganda in April! Literal dream come true. Last summer, I had a dream that I went to Uganda and now I am in real life. Neat.
6. I fell in love with San Diego, California.
7. I got a pet fox! Meet Hemingway.
This is a BIG FAT LIE! I WISH this little guy was all mine. Someday…
8. I am now the queen of homemade salsa. Do yourself a favor and make this recipe.
THE BEST SALSA IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.
- 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1- 10 oz can Rotel
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you are)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
- juice of 1 lime
- Put all ingredients in food processor or magic bullet and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Don’t let it get too watery. No one likes that. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste (aka add more salt). Serve with chips or any other wonderful Mexican creation. You’re welcome.
9. I went to Baton Rouge to visit an Antioch church plant this past fall. Geaux Tigers.
10. My next move in life is still TBD. Possibilities are endless and I’m dreaming big.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for now. Hopefully it will be less than 10 months until I post my next musings and pondering thoughts.
No promises though.